Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Comfortable In Your Own Skin!


I must say there is something about being 30 something years old that is way different than being 20 something. For me and many of my friends and acquaintances my 20's were really a time of self discovery, self improvement, sometimes self searching, and soul searching. I found that when I was in my 20's I allowed whatever anyone said to me or about me affect who I "presented myself" to be to others. For instance, I always thought that I would have been married with at least 2 or 3 children by the time I was 26 years old. Yet, as I got older, the years passed, and guess what, I'm not married and don't have any children. There used to be a time that I thought maybe there was something wrong with me even people I know questioned me as to "why" I wasn't married with children yet. But now that I'm 30 something I realize that even though I thought I was ready for a major responsibility of marriage and children in my 20's, I really wasn't. Yeah I was insecure for a little while in my late 20's and thought the world would end if I wasn't married by the time I was 30 years old. But guess what? The world didn't end, as a matter of fact things became more clear to me. For the first time in my life I became comfortable in my own skin as a woman. I finally became happy with me, who I am, and what I represent. There is something that happens to your consciousness after turning 30 that is remarkable. It's like you no longer care about what people or society says you "should" be. You begin to realize that you are great just as you are and you stop worrying about what hasn't happened yet and just live your life. You realize that LIFE really is a journey of discovery and things really do happen in the right timing. I think now at the age I am today, I am more comfortable and stable about myself as a woman and therefore I am able to make rational and effective decisions rather than emotional driven decisions. Being 30 something is awesome and I'm excited about living this journey called LIFE. Aren't you? Listen ladies and gentlemen, take time to love you, who you are, and all that encompasses you, that's a little of what getting older and wiser is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment